Highly regarded, creative Photographic professional with a wide range of industry experience in both agency and newspaper environments. Exercises considered judgement on the standard, innovation, and appropriateness of photographs for press and exhibition publication. Hardworking, reliable, and conscientious individual with excellent organisation, communication, and leadership skills.
Devoted to the industry and passionately believes photography is the way to get an article/story seen.
· Current Chairman of the UK Picture Editors Guild, an association for Picture Editors throughout the UK and Europe which was formed in 1977 for exchange of views and debate on press photography.
· Director of the UK Picture Editors Guild Awards (www.piced.net), the UK’s leading photography competition for professional photographers.
· Founding member of the Sony World Photo Academy and key note speaker at its launch in London 2004. Judge of World Photo Competition, Judge of “MY UK” photo competition 2013.
· Lectured for the Wellcome Trust for Cultural Press Officer conference, 2009 & 2012.
· Guest Speaker at World Photo Organisation on Ethics of Press Photography, 2012.
· Judge of RAF Photographer of the Year 2014, Diagio Photography Competition 2009, Santander Photography Competition 2012, Red Bull Illume Competition 2012, Museum of London “You’re London competition” 2011 and Bing Photography Awards 2011.
· Negotiated and organised a special Olympics photography competition in 2012, with awards presented by the Mayor of London, Boris Johnson.
· Co-Curator with Greater London Authority for “Women in Power” in 2011 and 2012, and “Black History Month” in 2012 at the GLA office on Southbank.
· Curator of The UK Picture Editors Guild Awards exhibition showing the award winning photographs at The Museum of London, January-May 2012.
· Co-Curator of the UK Picture Editors Guild exhibition at the Museum of London, January-June 2013.
· Opening night speeches – video link : http://www.piced.net/MOL-exhibition.html
· Presented to the Brunswick Group, RTL (Dutch TV Station) & Ketchum PR on press photography.